Here's a list of things to keep in mind when trying to upload images for products with the API:
- Uploading images is done with the following endpoint:
- The request has to be
multipart/form-datawith the binary image data submitted as the value of the
imagefield of the form.
- Images can be in jpg/png formats.
- There is a limit of 2000px for the maximum height/width. Larger images will be scaled down accordingly.
- The image CANNOT be submitted as the URL pointing to the file.
- It's not possible to attach image information to the request when creating a product. Creating a product and uploading the image has to happen with 2 separate requests.
We've prepared a number of simple code examples for different languages showing how a locally available image file can be uploaded to Lightspeed Retail (X-Series):
Updated 4 months ago